Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Raid brother tells of death fears (video)

The man who was shot during an anti-terrorist raid in east London has said he feared he would be killed. Abul Koyair, 20, and his injured brother Mohammed Abdul Kahar, 23, were released without charge a week after the raid on their Forest Gate home.



Mr Kahar said: "I thought one by one they're going to kill us. At that time I thought I was going to die." The police earlier said they were acting on "specific intelligence" that a chemical device was in the house.

According to the brothers' lawyer, the unsuccessful police search included digging up plants in the garden and drilling holes in the shower. Mr Kahar said he "had no idea" who spoke to the police, prompting the raid.

"From my point of view the person who did this they have terrorised me and my family," he said. Speaking at a press conference, Mr Kahar said he was in great pain when he was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound, saying: "It seemed like fire. I was burning."

At one point Mr Kahar broke down in tears as he described the raid, involving 250 police, which he initially thought was a robbery.

He described the moment when he was shot. "We both had eye contact, he shot me straight away," he said. "I just saw an orange spark and a big bang. I flew into the wall, slipped down. There was blood coming down my chest. I knew I was shot.

Source Here : Press conference video Here ( watch if you can )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home