Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Paradise Now (video)

This is a powerful film that has become controversial because it forces you look at things you might not want to think about. Hany Abu-Assad's gripping and insightful drama about two Palestinian terrorists preparing for a suicide mission may be shocking but it certainly opens a window into the culture and life of the people in Palestine.




Western thinking may never enable us to understand why someone would decide to become a human bomb. Watching this film will not change your opinion. Such things I believe depend on the culture and society that you belong to. However it is impossible not to recognise the anger, humiliation and shame that drives people to such extreme desperation.

I do not think that there is anything in this film that would come as any surprise to the average Israeli, merely that they would disagree with its conclusions. You may disagree too but in my opinion, such films are all the more important to watch if you feel your are able to judge the conclusion without watching the film.

_H_

Watch the film Here (windows media player required)

Source : Again the excellent ICH

(Note: Please watch this film at the source if you are able. It is presented here for convenience but it is not held on this server and I am sure the bandwidth owner would prefer you to watch the film directly)

7 Comments:

Blogger _H_ said...

The tactic has been since the creation of explosives . This is a VERY powefull film Hype. certainly a must see film when you can find the time . The video quality on this one is excellent

Certainly my choice of the week. If someone can only see one video on this site then this is the one ....

May 09, 2006 5:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer Flight 93

May 10, 2006 12:01 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

Amazing , Its not even out yet in the UK , have you watched an Illegal pirate copy or are you just guessing ..

You were here less then 2 mins Jonz. Its stunning how you can pre judge a film you have not seen .... twice

:-)

May 10, 2006 12:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"illegal pirate copy" you sound like some hard-right tory boy

Yes I fucking downloaded Flight 93 before it was premiered in America.

Flight 93 is a factual account, no matter how intellecutally depraved you are, watching this film you must surely see the folly of religious fanatacism?

I'll be frank, instead of jonz, I have no desire to see Paradise Now. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I have no sympathy with suicide bombers, and I don't want to have any.

May 10, 2006 12:48 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

'hard-right tory boy' what you mean with a bag on my head and a sausage up my arse :-)

The film is not about sympathy Jonz.

When someone is murdered the Police try to find out exactly how,why and what happened. that does not make them sympathetic to the murderer.

To understand is not to justify

now please refrain from arguing with me on my own site. You have made your view clear as your entitled to do. If you want to argue with me then send me an email. This forum is for anyone whom wants to comment (including you) It is not for a game of tit for tat with you

May 10, 2006 1:05 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

BTW

For anyone not British the opening sentence of my last comment refers to a right wing British MP who was found dead a few years ago in such an unusual position

:-)

May 10, 2006 1:57 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

Hehehe , sorry , was a moment of madness , I didnt even mention that he had an orange in his mouth and had tied himself up in bondage .. the worst thing is nobody else was involved , he did it to himself ...


Hey thats far right wing politicians for you

:-)

May 10, 2006 8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home