Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sadr’s militia and US forces clash in heavy gun battle

Four Iraqis were killed in a heavy gunfight that broke out before dawn Thursday reportedly between the Mehdi Army militia of radical Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr and US forces in Baghdad's Sadr City.



A US military spokesman said fighting began around 1:00 am (2200 GMT Wednesday) when the coalition forces came under attack during a raid in the poor, predominantly Shiite Baghdad district."The coalition forces conducted a raid in Sadr City to search for a known terrorist from Ansar al-Sunnah group," the spokesman said.

"Ater conducting the raid one of the helicopters of the coalition forces came under fire from some men on a nearby rooftop following which another helicopter of the coalition forces returned fire to eliminate the threat in which four individuals were killed."

He did not say whether the four were members of the Mehdi Army, though an interior ministry official said the fight was between US forces and the Mehdi Army.

The official added that a woman was killed in the fighting.

Sadr's militia and the US military have often clashed in the past, most dramatically in August 2004 when the fiery cleric waged a bloody rebellion in the Shiite holy city of Najaf in which hundreds of his men were killed.

Source : Here

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just guessing...but I think this website is a plant set up by the CIA to attract real terrorists and anyone else who is orientated that way, so that they can be bunched together on a computer and spyed on...

February 03, 2006 1:02 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

hahaha thank you . I have never been considered part of a 'conspiracy theory' before. Well if we work for the CIA then its about time they sent us a wage cheque.

Someone wrote the same thing on daily dissent a few months back and I will take this the same way as they did. It seems to be a common thing to call any site who doesnt agree with GWB.

Its a compliment to be considered important enough to be worthy of CIA attention. With respect I hope they have better things to do. I also imagine the 'terrorists' have far better sources of information than what is printed here.

The day the terrorists start using this site as a reference is the day you can be sure that the 'war on terror' has been won. To start we condem all terrorism on this site.

Thank you for the trip into Paranoia if you ever feel that we are trying to take over the planet by sending microwave beams through your monitor be sure to let us know.

DJEB ... comment of the week ? :-)

February 03, 2006 1:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site was one of the many set up by the aliens in order to feed us misinformation, propaganda and to help hide the ugly truth from us, that we are all slaves.

There is no war in Iraq, there isn't even an Iraq, its all just an illusion.

February 03, 2006 1:30 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

Great stuff David , Don't forget the stuff about the Royal family and George Bush all being lizard people please.

I really shouldnt be adding to the taking of my own post off topic but I have to admit this is funny !

Remember judgement is passed by our masters and if they want you they will call you

The Illuminati

February 03, 2006 1:40 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

_H_, I never made it a secret that I work for the CIA (you just never asked)...



David, I never made it a secret that I am from LV-426 (you just never asked)...

February 03, 2006 2:04 am  
Blogger _H_ said...

Djeb

I am sure I put those questions on the application form !

The second one I can remember clearly I put the question right in between

'Are you from LV-425 ?' and
'Are you from LV-427 ?'

I swear I did.

February 03, 2006 2:53 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

_H_, you did. David didn't.

Check the form. You'll see I was honest.

February 03, 2006 5:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home